Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Testimony from a Former Player - Landon Smith

Sometimes we do not understand the impact, we, as coaches have on the student athletes we mentor and coach. That is why we must always "Do the Right Thing" and lead in accordance with the principles stated in the "Golden Rule".  Landon Smith, below, played for Coach Hill and Coach Z approximately 13 years ago, when we were Celtics. At that time we stressed EDUCATION, LIFE SKILLS, SPORTS. These same principles we have incorporated in the foundation of Atlanta Select. We will continue...

Below is a testimony from Landon, posted on our Facebook page today, Feb 26, 2014. As always we wish Landon the best and to "Keep the Faith".

Landon Smith with Tony Hill and 2 others

Coach Tony Hill .. Where do I start ?? ... Since I was a young boy and playing ball I have always thought you were an amazing coach ... And it was more then basketball in the CELTICS Program with you and Coach Z ... You always correlated life ,family academics and more than all... GOD .. Now that I am a man I see your even more an amazing man and full of WISDOM . Coming back last-night to the Hill residence was a good feeling , reminiscing on those 4hr practices and those dang STEPS ... With the clock set on 20 mins to eating my chicken wings and Red Links to talking with you man to man about what's been going on in my life .. And getting input from A man of god and a person I consider my Family. I'm blessed to have people like you and Mrs Glenda Hill .. I know this post don't even cover 0.5% of what The Hills have done or who you are .. I just want to say thanks


Just Go Select!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment